Thursday, July 2, 2009

First Post

7/2/2009
I've setup this blog now, in July of 2009, in order to support my current efforts to create sample code articles for Facebook development using the Facebook Development Toolkit (available on CodePlex http://facebooktoolkit.codeplex.com/.) I am using version 2.0, awaiting 2.1 which is currently being developed (it's open source of course of course).

What I found while trying to learn about Facebook development was a lot of out-dated blog posts - outdated because Facebook had changed its API or because the Toolkit had released a new version (or, both). So, I will clearly date all posts and indicate version numbers so that should you, the reader, be reading this post in 2012 you will know that it is hopelessly out of date.

So far I have posted one article on the Facebook developer's wiki, detailing how to use C# to build a "fluid interface" for the inline Publisher. I am currently working on an article describing how to use Ajax to provide a paged data control on a canvas page and in an inline Publisher page. First, I will post an article on setting up a paged data source, then how to integate that with Facebook Ajax features...

I make my living doing .NET. If you are ready to hire a consultant to do some .NET work, on Facebook or any .NET development, contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment